POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sascha/Escher Waterfall Illusion [~175kb Jpg] : Re: Sascha/Escher Waterfall Un-Illusion [~24kb Jpg] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 22:28:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sascha/Escher Waterfall Un-Illusion [~24kb Jpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 14 Mar 2000 12:15:03
Message: <38ce7397@news.povray.org>
"Rick [Kitty5]" <pov### [at] dialpipexcom> wrote in message
| how about posting a different view point, so we can see all your hard
| construction work! - (not that we want to know how it was done or anything!)

Okay.  Interesting, isn't it?  Hope this small rendering shows it okay.
My hard work would only be that this illusion can be rendered in one go, rather
than the two it took before which was what Sascha Ledinsky had to do in order to
get the illusion to work.  I've also now heard that this unfinished work was
never completed, sadly enough.  If you read the  waterfa1.txt  at the URL I put
into my other message here an explanation is given as to how it was previously
done.
There isn't really much visible sign of the difference between the before and
after modification renders except for aesthetic change (and less than perfect
fix).
Sascha had done the tough part already.

Bob

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'unescherwaterfallcopy.jpg' (18 KB)

Preview of image 'unescherwaterfallcopy.jpg'
unescherwaterfallcopy.jpg